Intelligence obtained by the French secret services in the Middle East sheds new light on Britain’s role in the Arab-Israeli War of Independence.
British Prime Minister Clement Attlee and Foreign Minister Ernest Bevin
On this page:
- Read research article by historian Meir Zamir
- See photos of the Israeli War of Independence - 1947-48
- See map for UN proposed partition of Israel then
- See map of White House and EU proposed partition of Israel now.
- And read brief outline of the War of Independence by historian Netanel Lorch
September 11, 1947. On the eve of the Arab League’s political committee meeting to decide on the Arab response to the United Nations Special Committee on Palestine (UNSCOP) report [supporting the end of the British mandate and partitioning the land between Jews and Arabs], the Lebanese newspaper L’Orient published an article.
See pictures of the War of Independence
and a brief outline of the War